Saturday, May 2, 2009

Run, Run, Run

I am back on a Tegan and Sara kick. Super-mega-bigtime. Yesssssss.

Yesterday when I got home from work I had plans to meet up with Becca and Renee at Gasworks. I came home, changed out of my work clothes, and started throwing crap into my bike bag. I realized that my U-lock was sitting out in the entry way of my apartment, so I went out the front door to grab it. HA HA. The door slammed shut behind me. I had no keys, no phone, no wallet, no nothing on me. I am seriously so lucky that I had a t-shirt on over my tank top and actual shoes on my feet. Our landlord doesn't live on site, and NO ONE was home in my complex. I ended up walking all the way up to Fremont, first to check and see if my roommate was at her dance studio, and then to steal Matao's phone from him at work. I spent half an hour on the phone with my mom, having her go through all of my old emails trying to find my roommates phone number. I was finally able to leave her a message, and then I walked down and met up with Becca and Renee at Gasworks nearly two hours after I had planned. Becca let me steal her hoodie, then we walked up to Wallingford to get food to make fajitas. More walking back to Becca's. I like walking, quite a lot, normally. HOWEVER- walking nearly 7 miles (I Google mapped my route later) in gladiator sandals with a new foot tattoo when I was not ready or expecting to be walking ANYWHERE was not my favorite thing. Regardless I had a really, really good night. Matao picked me up later and and we swung by my apartment just to see if roomie was home, which she WAS but apparently couldn't be bothered to put forth the effort to call either of the numbers I had explicitly asked her to call if she came home. Oh, the rough life I lead.

Anyway. I just needed to whine for a hot second.

A bunch of us did this really dumb, but kind of special thing the other day. If you want the story you'll have to ask in person. Nine of us have this now. I'm the only female.

Australians are very persuasive people.









You're next.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...