Friday, August 27, 2010

Link Love!

Food, oh food.  Once upon a time my Link Love posts contained all sorts of fun and exciting things.  These days my definition of "fun and exciting" basically includes the making, eating, finding, creating, reading, learning or traveling all for the sake of food.  Mmm.  As you saw in my second half of our Mt. Rainier camping adventure pictures- the trip ended with the purchasing of a whole blackberry pie.  I can't help it.  I really can't.



- Is it wrong to start off with a cocktail?  No?  Alright!  This Cucumber-Rosemary Gin and Tonic makes me wish it were possible to drink nothing else.  Water?  Pfft.  

- I love bread puddings and stratas, but rarely ever make them. This recipe for Summer Strata with Spinach, Basil & Roasted Garlic Custard from Eat Me, Delicious pretty much covers every base that needs to be covered.  Bread, cheese, custard, greens, garlic... mmm.  Hi.

- A few of my favorite semi-recent articles from Serious EatsHow to Build a Tolerance for Spicy Food is excellent and worth a read.  I adore spicy foods, but it took me a long time to get there.  Healthy Corner Store Initiative Takes Off in Providence is a great article about a group of students in Providence, RI who work to make-over convenience stores and corner markets to carry more healthful options. 



- Four Fish by Paul Greenberg feels like one of those books that I am just supposed to read.  I think it's so important to understand where our food comes from, how it's procured, and what that means in terms of sustainability and longevity.  And, well- fish matters.  Especially to me, a giant fish nerd.

- Working Class Foodies is an awesome online show that follows two siblings in their quest to turn local and seasonal ingredients into great meals for under $6 per person.  The recipes are beautiful and easy to follow along.  Some recent recipes: Ice Pops, Ricotta, and Zucchini Pancakes, Homemade Veggie Burgers and Potato Salad, and Soda with fresh fruit and herbs.



- These Sweet Corn Pancakes from Smitten Kitchen sound like the perfect weekend treat.  I'm so excited that corn is becoming the new trendy food to experiment with.  I'm happy eating it out of the bag from the freezer (yes, still), but nothing beats fresh corn.  Especially when combined with breakfast.

- How to Become a Poacher has nothing to do with illegal activities, and everything to do with delicious food.  Beautifully outlined.

- Lastly- this list of 5 Quick and Delicious Lunches under 400 Calories is just awesome.  I'm not much of a calorie counter, but I also prefer to eat light small meals throughout the day, and the presentation of these is just phenomenal.  

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...