Saturday, January 1, 2011

Wrapping Up 2010

Happy New Year lovelies!  I thought today might be the ideal time to look back over my not quite resolutions from last year, before I set any new ones for this year!

The best breakfast of 2010!


1. Learn how to make cheese. 
- I actually kind of bombed this one.  While I did make a simple homemade goat cheese, it was the only cheese making adventure that I had in 2010.  For some reason I have a feeling that 2011 may involve something more.

2. Go back to school. 
- I did!  I started taking online accounting classes at Bellevue College, and am now very slowly working my way through a bookkeeping certificate.  To be honest- I'm not in love with it, but it has been good for my job.  I'd like to take some more interesting classes this year, even if they aren't part of my program.

3. Get outside.  By outside I mean out of the city- and into the woods and dirt and ocean and mud. 
- This definitely happened!  See: here, here, here (!!!), here, here, here, here, and here

4. Expand my horizons in the kitchen.  
-  I can't say that I had a wild and crazy year in the kitchen- but it was a pretty darn good one.  I never did manage to get together a post about the catered lunch that I did in July.  It was fairly casual and wasn't huge- but was definitely a new experience for me.  Some of my favorite recipes of the year: Goat Cheese, Kale, and Beef Bacon Quiche (this is still a favorite- I made it on Christmas morning!), Wild Fennel & Vanilla Bean Ice Cream, Blackberry and Lavender Muffins, Brown Sugar Lemonade with Sea Salt and Mint, Oven Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Lavender and Asiago, and Kale with White Beans and Bleu Cheese I really would have liked to have shared more recipes- so that may be something I work on this year.

5. Grow more food.
- Honestly. This was kind of a disaster.  I didn't really realize that our apartment patio gets about two total hours of sun, even in the middle of the summer.  All of my beautiful starts croaked within a month.  My container potatoes fared a bit better- but not really.  Unfortunately this is just one of those things that I'm going to have to give up on until we move into a different place.

6. Get a social life.
- I don't know.  I think I cheated at this one, considering that my two closest friends moved back to Seattle this year.  Double score!

7. Take a real vacation.  Really.  A real one.
- I would considering this a success.  Most of my vacations were over the course of two or three days- but it works for me!  I bought a car over the summer, and it made for a lot of really great weekend trips. 


How do you feel about the year wrapping up?  Are you happy with how your year ended?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...