Tuesday, November 30, 2010

FESSup!

I realized tonight that I've never posted about the bike bags that I used to make under the name FESSup!  I say used to, because although I still make them now from time to time- it's not anything like it once was.

I started working on a bag tonight that I'm donating as an auction item for CARW's Duwamish Fundraiser this coming weekend, and it got me feeling a little nostalgic and inspired.  I've toyed with the idea of regularly making bags again, but haven't quite sold myself on it.  If I do start up again I won't be taking custom work, and will only being selling items as-is.  I've never done it for the money- so when all I was doing anymore was custom work- it took all of the creativity out of it for me as well.

I'll try to get some pictures of the bag up on my Flickr page before I send it off to its new home.  Here are some of my old favorites:
 


This was the first bag I ever put up for sale!  I ended up trading my friend Kyle for a bike wheel.


This bag is still spotted around Seattle from time to time.  If you know Ponch- you'll recognize it.  It's got to be at least three years old by now, and I can't believe it's still in one piece!


I actually cried while making this bag.  And they weren't tears of joy.  I was sick, and running out of time, and I realized right as I finished the last stitch that I had sewn one of the straps on the wrong way.  I love this bag now- but I hated it then!


Super giant custom bag for my friend Dustin- made to match his bike.


Custom bag for my friend Walker.  The checkered pocket in the front is made out material with titanium threads woven into it.  Super functional!  

Have you ever stopped doing something that you loved, only to pick it back up again years later?  Any words of wisdom? 

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

These look great!

hawkandtrap said...

Etsy. Shop. Stat.

Samantha said...

LOVE those bags.

Walker said...

Rena,i your bags be illin!
cant wait to use mine again when I get off this ship and back onto a bike!

Unknown said...

Thanks for your response on questionland. I'm looking for something roughly like this: rather than the "bike" style messenger bag. Is this something you could do?

http://www.itstactical.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/DiscreetBagMain.jpg

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...