Thursday, December 2, 2010

Work It

YOU GUYS!  This past Sunday I ran the Seattle Half Marathon and didn't die!  The pictures were just posted today and despite the fact that I look like a sweaty monster beast with a fanny pack- I am so happy to have them.  I started running four months ago- and I never, ever, ever would have believed that I could have done this.  Even the week before I still didn't really believe it.  My amazing aunt Fran dragged my ass out the door for a long run every single Sunday after my first 5k- and despite the brutal cold that knocked me out for two weeks, my knees that seem to have come from an 80 year old's body, and my asthma that only seems to flare up when I'm already having a bad run- WE DID IT!  It was truly one of the best experiences of my life, and I can not wait to do another.

Here we are (Fran, Heather, me) still in the first few miles.  Look at our shiny happy faces!  So full of optimism and breakfast.

And here I am- about the cross the finish line.  I was so full of adrenaline and about to burst into tears.  What a goober.


 Have you ever done something you never thought you'd be able to?

3 comments:

hawkandtrap said...

You look great, Renai! Congratulations, that is sooo exciting!!!! When I was in college I randomly signed up for crew and it changed my life. While I've never done a half marathon, I got to row in the Windermere Cup on Opening Day at UW. It was the most excellent experience I've ever had! Lately I've let athletics/exercise fall by the wayside. You are truly an inspiration to me to get back out there! What a wonderful accomplishment :)

N Germain said...

I never thought I'd be able to run a full mile without walk breaks. I never thought I'd be able to run a 1/2 marathon. I never thought I'd be able to run a full marathon. But I did. You my dear are on your way to all kinds of firsts! This is only the beginning!

Walker Janelle said...

fanny packs are so in right now.
so are half marathons... Good job!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...