Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Tiny & New


Oh, hey. That's my new kitchen! It's about the size of my old bathroom, has incredibly strange lighting, and about ten square inches of counter space. But so far only wonderful things have come out of it. I made broccoli and feta pesto over gluten free pasta for dinner tonight. I have a peach and creme fraiche pie in the oven right now. My refrigerator is full of pickling cucumbers, friends are coming over for a tiny vegan feast on Friday, and I've somehow found room to store my stand mixer, ice cream maker, and canning pots. There is absolutely nothing for me to complain about.

These past three months have been the most transitional, chaotic, and challenging months that I've had in years. I'm finally settled into my new tiny home, loving what life is handing me, and working my butt off to keep myself moving forward. A lot of the things that keep me going on a day to day basis fell aside, and I can't even begin to describe how great it feels to be getting my hands dirty and making awesome messes again.

2 comments:

jc devivero said...

So this is the tiny kitchen that ruined your breakfast the other day! I like.

Karla said...

cute new kitchen! i had one of those small ovens before when i lived in studio. i was annoyed that some of my cooking sheets didn't fit, but it treated me just fine. it was from the 50s, so it was super cute.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...