Friday, January 30, 2009

25 Things

This was one of those annoying things that kept being spread around Facebook like the herp. I was ignoring it for the most part, but I got a little bored this afternoon and went for it. It was actually kind of fun, but then again I also really like talking about myself. So, here. You should do it, too, so we can be twinzies.



25 things about me:

1. I love all things to do with the ocean. Seafood, sea smells, sea monsters, mermaids... you know... the usual. I feel lost and out of place when I'm not near the water.

2. I have never been on vacation to anywhere "exciting". I used to only come to Seattle, but now I live here so I just go to Portland. I don't really care about vacation destinations... I just want to see and do things that are different from what I've already experienced.

3. My two top front teeth are fake. I think everyone who has known me for the past year knows that- but a lot of people that I've known for longer have no idea. I have perfect teeth now, but I think braces would have been cheaper. Drunk biking isn't always a good idea.

4. I almost only drink water or tea. I hate soda and most juice.

5. The only "foreign" country I've been to is China. My last job was as an assistant buyer and designer for a Seattle based clothing company and our clothes were manufactured in China. I went for 12 days and it was hands down the strangest experience of my entire life. I want to go back again when I'm not working.

6. I am the most horribly un-athletically inclined person... ever. I hate most sports, and the only physical activity that I sincerely enjoy is cycling.

7. I've been hit by cars twice in the past year while riding my bike. Well, technically the second time I hit the car, but they cut me off and then slammed on their brakes. Then they yelled at me for hitting them and drove off. Nice!

8. I usually have no concept of how short I am. My boyfriend is a giant and I don't feel like I'm much smaller than he is unless I'm standing right next to him.

9. I really love my job, even though I complain about it a lot. I love working in the seafood industry for some reason. I can't seem to escape. It makes no sense considering that I went to school for fashion design- but I don't really care.

10. I got my first business license last year. It's for my messenger bags and bike goods. It's really weird to me for some reason.

11. I really want to publish a cookbook someday.

12. I love driving and I really miss it sometimes, but I am so much happier now that I don't own a car.

13. I am afraid of really obscure things. I also believe that thinking that something will go wrong will cause it to- so I try to pretend like I don't worry about anything.

14. I hate secrets and don't have any of my own. Only other peoples, and I don't like the idea of them.

15. I believe that there is a big difference between the people who are meant to be in your life, and the ones that you choose. I also think that if you look hard enough it becomes obvious which is which.

16. I make my own granola because I am a giant hippie. I also hate sugary store bought crap.

17. I am vegan/pescetarian (I eat seafood but no other meat or dairy). It isn't for "animal rights" reasons though. I just feel healthier this way. I do eat very small amounts of dairy from time to time, but I never buy it or prepare it for myself. I miss moose meat and goat cheese, but that's about it.

18. I have a very strong scent memory and have had random moments in the past few years where I have almost burst into tears or started laughing because of a familiar smell.

19. I love cooking for people- although I freak out every time I make something new and assume that people will hate it. So far that's never happened.

20. I talk to my mom almost every day. Which is more than I did when I still lived in Alaska. I talk to my dad maybe once a month, but it seems to work okay for us.

21. My boyfriend is amazing. He came home to Alaska with me in September for my dads wedding and endured my insane family and shitty Alaskan weather for four days. He puts up with all of my crap and somehow still manages to love me. He may actually be insane.

22. I almost never drink or go out anymore, which is a drastic change from my life the past two years. I'm so much happier this way, though. I like being at home. I miss my old life a lot sometimes, though.

23. I believe in ghosts but not in the Hollywood sense. I don't believe in heaven or hell, but I do believe that there is some sort of afterlife. Religion has never had a place in my life and I don't feel that I am lacking anything because of that. I am a good person without it.

24. I hate watching TV.

25. My brother and I used to hate each other, but now I feel like he's one of the most amazing and wonderful people in my life. I trust his judgment over just about anyone else's and know that we'd both do anything for one another.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...