Thursday, January 22, 2009

Grumpzilla Attack

This winter is extra killing me this year for some reason. Which is really strange because this past year has been one of the best.

-------------------------

So why does it still suck somehow?

It's been weird lately because I'm generally a pretty positive person. Sometimes obnoxiously so. I'm a firm believer in the fact that the universe will take care of you, as long as you allow it to. Your life will never just fall apart one day, and the world is not going to end if "one more thing goes wrong".

So, my issue as of late isn't the fact that anything is going wrong. It's almost sort of the opposite. My life is really good right now. I'm not going to give you the generic rundown list of "I have a good job and I don't have herpes!" crap, but it shouldn't make much of a difference. I don't have much to complain about- which doesn't mean that I don't still complain- but you know how it goes.

I have essentially allowed myself to fall into the dreaded "I'm broke so I can't do anything" trap of ultimate bullshit. It's the excuse that I give myself for everything. It's causing me unnecessary stress and keeping me from making plans or setting any goals. I am in the mindset right now that I have to take each day as it comes and counting on the fact that if I don't make any plans- they can't be canceled and thus I won't be disappointed.

FAIL.

It's fucking everything up.

So, in the spirit of getting back to being obnoxiously positive, here is a nice little list of things in my life that are making me happy:



Photo credits: KSGarriott, La Citta Vita, Michael John


  • Cucumber + avocado + cilantro + sea salt
This is so, so good. I bought a ton of avocados on sale for $1 each the other day, and have basically been living off of this combination all week. It's cheap and delicious- and that works for me.

  • French Kicks + AA Bondy February 27th at the Doug Fir in Portland
!!! Matao and I are going down that morning, then staying at The Jupiter that night. I miss Portland so much. I haven't been down since July and I miss all of my loves. Also: Sweet Pea Bakery! David and Ryan from Danger Death Ray! Becca! And if we take the train and bring our bikes- NO HILLS!!!

  • Going to my chiropractor
This woman is amazing. There is no back cracking or pulling or poking. She uses gentle touch and works with your nervous system to realign all of your inside goodness. I've only seen her twice so far, but I feel unspeakably better. I'm actually grateful now that I tweaked my neck last week- because otherwise I never would have started going. Something that I didn't know until then was that it has very little to do with your actual back and more to do with your nerves- which can affect literally everything else in your body. I'm hooked.

  • Small sewing projects
I tend to kick my own ass overdoing things sometimes. It happens with sewing, as well as just about everything else in my life. Oh, tragedy! But not really- it always ends up coming full circle and being a positive thing. I'm trying to burn through all of my leftover and scrap fabric right now, and it's actually generating more interest, as well as inspiring me to branch out into other small things. Plus- no additional material costs!

But you already knew that. PETA is so funny. I'm technically pescatarian, not a true vegan so this just makes me laugh. Putting a tiara on a tuna kind of just makes me want to eat it more! I am a monster.



-------------

What's keeping you from being a grumpzilla?

1 comment:

Becca said...

My list is lame, but anyway:

Cooking, when I get the chance, especially baking bread. Nothing is as relaxing and wonderful as creating bread. First it's just flour and then...boom! Bread!

Aaron. Won't lie. Having the dude around make me feel good.

Running. Runner's high is not a myth.

Keeping in touch with my friends because they are awesome.

Not being cold. Because I am ALWAYS COLD!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...