Monday, September 21, 2009

HOME!

Finally!  We are moved into the new place!  I honestly can't even put into words just how good it feels.  I love it here and I feel so relaxed and content as soon as I walk through the door.  We live on a quiet street and get lots of light in our unit.  We have new carpet, paint, fixtures, and STOVE which I am currently breaking in with brownies.  We still have to finish cleaning the old place, and organizing everything here, but we're already very settled in after just a few days.  I took a few pictures today of some of my favorite little things.  I've spent a lot of time at Goodwill/Value Village/Target/Ross this past week and luckily I'm a crafty ass bitch with a good eye- so we have a ton of really fun stuff, plus lots of plants and more on the way.  AND they had pineapple plants at Trader Joe's today!  I almost peed.  I didn't get one since I had to walk home, but Matao is going to have one hell of a time if he thinks he can talk me out of it.  Hmph!  Anyway- here are a few pictures.  I'll take many more once we're all settled with art on the walls and less clutter everywhere.




 
 

This little book shelf is pretty much my favorite favorite thing ever.  Mostly because it holds my snail collection, but also because the whole set up is just so damn cute.



 

The yogurt containers on the window sill all have seeds in them, and will hopefully pop out a few flowers before the sun peaces out on us for the winter.  How very, very me of me.


 



The last picture is the south-ish facing view from our deck.  You can't see much, but it's definitely not bad.  If you know Ballard- our apartment is basically wedged between Leary and Market, right by Swedish.  It's basically the best location ever.  Clearly.

3 comments:

Becca said...

Beautiful! I love it and can't wait to see it in person!

Jessica said...

I love love love Ballard

I hope it is wonderful for you!

Becca said...

Having now seen it in person, I can say that I wholeheartedly approve!

Also, my word verification is fockbo. I find this very, very funny.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...