Sunday, March 14, 2010

Seeds, Dessert After Brunch, and Things You Should Buy Me


I am loving my weekends more and more lately.

I finally got my seeds started on Saturday.  I am using my SAD light therapy "device" as a grow light right now, which is a little ironic and silly- but as long as it works I'm happy (ha ha).

This morning we were up early, picked up groceries from the farmers market, and then I lounged around a bit drinking tea and finishing In Defense of Food.  We headed out around noon, and finally got to experience Nettletown in all of its completed glory.  Christina has done such a wonderful job with the old Sitka & Spruce space, and her menu is fantastic.  I spent a couple of days helping her out with painting/cleaning/grimy stuff before she opened and it was kind of a trip to see it all put together.  Definitely go check it out if you're in the Seattle area.  She's doing weekday lunch, and weekend brunch, with special dinner events.  If you don't remember- Christina is the author of the Wild Foods Illustrated Recipe Calendar that we gave away a few months ago.  She is using a lot of wild, foraged, and local foods in her menu as well.

After brunch Matao suggested ice cream.  I am never, ever one to say no to ice cream.  Even better if it's in the middle of the day.  Molly Moon's is apparently serving their version of breakfast until the end of March.  Washington grown steel- cut oatmeal with a scoop of ice cream.  Seriously.  Serious.  They have candied bacon.  Stop that.  Since we had just had brunch we were good and just stuck with ice cream.  Honey lavender for me.  Always.

And on the note of things you should buy me- it's really only one thing.  And I can't get over it.  It's a wooden mushroom puzzle, and you can buy it for me right here.  Hah!



How was your weekend? 

1 comment:

Tara said...

Honey Lavender Ice Cream? oh yummmmy!

By the way, love the irony that you're using your SAD light to make your wee seedlings HAPPY!

Sounds like a perfectly random, roam around, kind of weekend. Like the kind I'd love to have...I wrote a funny little blog post about just that yesterday you might like to read.

Best,
Tara
http://elanvitalanthology.blogspot.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...