Tuesday, March 30, 2010

It Lives!

Oops, just kidding!  Apparently my kombucha SCOBY is healthy and happy- Amanda from Portlife gave me a little guidance via Twitter- "It should smell vinegary, not moldy or "gross" in general. A contaminated one usually has visible black/green mold, also." - and as it turns out mine smells just fine and is just bubbly- not moldy.  I'm really glad I didn't throw it out, and the funny thing is that in the past few days it has really started to look like it's supposed to.  I guess I need to go back and re-write my last entry!


I'm trying to get my schedule in order to be able to attend this class on edible and medicinal weeds through Seattle Tilth.  It falls on Easter Sunday which isn't really a problem aside from the fact that Naked Girls Reading, making rabbit stew, and a possible family engagement are all falling on the same day.  The horror!  I will find a way to work it all out.

Also!  I added a little Facebook fan box over there on the right.  Go check it out!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay! Let me know how it turns out!

Tara said...

congrats on the kombucha beginning...i still think it's yucky - but i know you'll be so much healthier!

best,
Tara
http://elanvitalanthology.blogspot.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...