Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Sea Monsters!

Where have I been!?  Baking cakes, and going on adventures, and being a silly little ball of stress and anxiety!  That's where.

Last week I had the opportunity to spend half of my work day helping out on a fishing trip that my company had donated as an auction item.  One of my co-workers wasn't able to go, so I got to take his place!

 

Our plan was to spend four or five hours salmon fishing on Elliot Bay, but due to the lack of salmon and the fact that two of our ship-mates were 9 and 11 year old boys- we made a slight adjustment to the plan.


Flounder fishing!  They're small, easy to catch, and a lot more entertaining than sitting around staring at each other for hours on end.  I taught the boys how to cast and we had them running all over the boat reeling in fish after fish.  One of the boys caught a shark (seriously!) but the most exciting and dramatic catch of the day was this crazy beast:


It's actually two sea anemones attached to a rock, although it looks like some sort of insane monstrous sea cucumber.  It weighed a good five pounds!  All in all we had a fantastic time.  I hadn't driven a boat in a while, and I can't even remember the last time I went fishing just for fun.

Also- I promise right now that I'm going to try to get back on a regular posting schedule.  I've been going non-stop lately and haven't had much time to sit down and process things, let alone write about them!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...