Friday, May 15, 2009

Bike To Work Day

HOLY CRAP I ACTUALLY RODE MY BIKE TO WORK THIS MORNING!

Whoaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.

I REALLY need to figure out this whole showering/not being filthy at work thing once and for all- because I really, really miss riding in the morning. I did a little wet bandanna wipe-down/hair dry before changing, but I still feel pretty grimy.

Anyway.

Today was "Bike to Work Day" which meant that a ton of people were riding this morning, and there were also a ton of "Commute Stations" along the way- where if you stopped you'd be bombarded with Smartwool socks/lights/food/water bottles/metro passes/all sorts of other stuff. I normally wouldn't have really cared too much, but I have a major Smartwool addiction (I could quite literally cover my entire body in it if I needed to), so I wasn't trying to pass up free socks. I MEAN COME ON.

So yeah, free socks! I also had a nice mini-asthma attack which was really cool. I started carrying honey water with me just for that reason- and yes- it does really help. So hooray for not dying. Right? Def.

----------

I'm making an entirely vegan meal for my office today (we do Friday lunches) and I'm probably more excited than I should be. Coconut soup with brown rice, and a cucumber/pineapple/peanut salad. NOM.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...