Sunday, June 7, 2009

Short Shorts

I just got home from a 15 mile bike ride and was standing in my new (!) living room stripping down when I realized that the neighbors across the street can see RIGHT in our windows. YES!!! Or not. My bad. I guess it's time to give in and get curtains.

So the reason why I haven't updated in nearly a week is because we did a bit of apartment switcharooing. I realize that I have pretty much had almost no one over since I've lived in this apartment- but the basic break down is that previously I had a small downstairs room, and my roommate had the giant upstairs- with her own bathroom, loft, and huge huge walk-in-and-then-some closet. So when Matt moved in a monthish ago, we decided to switch things around. So as of this past week we were moving upstairs, and Allison downstairs. Our setup is really great up here now as well. We put our bed in the closet, which actually used to be a porch- so with a ton of huge windows and plywood walls it actually feels a bit like we're sleeping on a porch, which right now I absolutely love. The main area is our living room, and the loft right now is mostly a big mess, but will eventually have Matt's music stuff and my sewing stuff set up in it.

Oh, and as of this morning, we have a woodpecker who has decided it wants to move in with us. I woke up at 7ish to something pounding on/in the wall. I woke Matt up and we both laid there for a while trying to figure out what it was and where it was coming from. Me: "I think it's a cougar" Matt: "Wait... like a hot mom?" He finally got up and opened one of the curtains and scared the crap out of the lovely little woodpecker who had decided to wake us up so bright and early.

What else what else... we get our first Full Circle Farms CSA box on Tuesday, which to me feels like my birthday in June. Vegetables??? YES!!! We had Mighty-O donuts for breakfast this morning, which was definitely a good choice. I made really delicious peanut butter oatmeal cookie dough on Friday at 6 am, which ended up making really terrible cookies. So most of it went unbaked and I've been picking at it all weekend. Good enough for me! I think I want to experiment with baking pies this summer, as it's something that I've never quite gotten down. For some reason it feels like a necessary life skill to me. That and being able to start a fire with a shoelace and a bobby pin.

I actually managed to drag myself out of the apartment last night, and went to B's for a short shorts party. I'm so glad that I did. I have been so anti-social lately, and the less I go out the less I want to- but when I do go out I'm usually glad that I did. Although Laila and myself are still 110% about living the old lady life of crafting and farmers markets. Whatevs. It's all about balance.



And yes, that's my super hot boyfriend with the uneven cutoffs and the purple shirt. It looks like he's sticking his butt out, but it's just how the shorts are cut. I think... Oh Matao. The rest of the pictures I took last night are up on Facebook. I don't feel like bombarding my blog with sexy man legs.

Alright. I think that's all I've got.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...