Monday, June 29, 2009

Soap and Jam!

I'm back!

I am too lazy to post much of anything about our trip at this very second- but I will say that I had a FANTASTIC time, and I basically had a whining contest the whole drive home with Laila about how we didn't want to leave. I'm not sure who won.

While I don't have the energy to put into posting pictures and doing a day by day run down at the moment- I do want to share two sweet little companies that I discovered over the weekend.

The first being Sundance Lavender Farm (big surprise, I know). Becca took me to the PSU Saturday Farmers Market on Saturday morning, where we picked up the most amazing berries in the world to make something that I will tell you about later. It deserves its own post! From halfway across the market I spotted this huge sign: "LAVENDER JAM" - OH HEY WHAT'S UP??? Do you know me at all? Yeah, heaven. I somehow managed to restrain myself enough to only sample 3 flavors, and to buy just one jar! How can this be? Yeah, I don't know either. Somehow it happened. So I came home with a jar of Lavender Marionberry, and am now trying to talk myself out of placing an online order this very second. Maybe I should wait until I get through the first jar, no? Yeah, we'll see about that.

The second company is a sweet little soap company, named quite simply The Oregon Soap Company, that I found at the Portland Saturday Market (on Sunday, ironically enough). I have to admit that I am basically lured by anything that smells of peppermint, tea tree oil, honey, or (big surprise) lavender. I know what I like, bizzle. Right off the bat I had a bar of Tea Tree Peppermint shoved halfway up my nose. I ended up making off with that, a bar of Extra Strength Peppermint, and a bar of Caribbean Bay Rum for my stinky boyfriend. My apartment smells ridiculously wonderful right now.

I'll try to muster up the strength to post pictures and some food reviews tomorrow, and maybe even a recipe if you're lucky.

I leave you with this beautiful shot of our berries, from my lover Laila:



I want you to dream a little about what these ended up being.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...