Sunday, July 12, 2009

Broccoli Thunderstorms

My keyboard is full of flour.

I made buttermilk biscuits for breakfast this morning. I think I ate half a dozen before noon today. I bought dark chocolate peanut butter from Peanut Butter & Co. on Friday and OH MY GOD. This stuff is just ridiculous. So far I have eaten it off of a spoon, my fingers, fuji apple slices, and biscuits. The apple won out big time. I like my biscuits with honey or jam. I like my fingers to not have peanut butter on them.

I still have Portland pictures that I need to post- but knowing my style it probably won't happen if it hasn't happened yet. I've been using my Flickr account a bit more frequently lately, so my pictures are up there, if you are just DYING to see them. I took a ton when we went to ¿Por QuĂ© No?, where I fell madly, deeply in love with their patio and hibiscus tea. The one thing that I NEED to post still is the recipe and write up of the berry cobbler that I whipped up alongside Becca. So stupidly good. She just did a post about it today, so go give her some love for that.

Tour de Watertower was today and I hung out at the Woodland Park stop with Laila for a couple of hours, despite the fact that the weather wasn't looking very good. We did a little impromptu photo shoot, in which Laila kept trying to get me to look "hot". I was rocking dirty jeans and Smartwool and had crazy person hair, so I'm not sure how well that worked out. There were only 25 riders, due to the fact that the ride was entirely hill-based, so I was lucky to be able to roll out before the weather turned too nasty on us. I did get some good lightening and was sufficiently soaked by the time I got home. I love summer storms.



I made myself roasted broccoli for dinner tonight- trying to use the broccoli that has been taunting me from the fridge for the past little while. It came in our CSA and I'm not sure why I didn't switch it out, as I'm not much of a broccoli eater. I tossed the florets with minced garlic, olive oil, and balsamic and threw them in the oven for 12 minutes at 450 and it turned out wonderfully. So, we'll see how it goes from here. I've been loving my CSA box almost entirely because it's been forcing me to learn new ways to cook things.

Time to go snug up and read in bed.

2 comments:

Becca said...

1) Thanks for the link love baby pie! I had it all ready to go so much sooner and just forgot about it. We should definitely collaborate again.

2) Eat broccoli! It is so wonderful and you are crazy for not being into it. CRAZY! I eat broccoli most days of the week. Your recipe sounds yummm!

Becca said...

PS: Tell Laila mission accomplished because you look smokin' in that picture!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...