Thursday, July 30, 2009

Broked

Sad sad.

My laptop adapter bit the dust- and since my laptop battery also no longer works- I am currently without a computer at home. I can blog from work- but I can't upload pictures. So even though I've been up to plenty of trouble lately- I have no proof! Hopefully this will be remedied soon.

I made cupcakes twice in the past week, which was completely ridiculous- due to the fact that Seattle is having an insane heat wave, and my apartment definitely isn't air conditioned. Vegan carrot cake cupcakes were this week- and with whiskey buttercream and coconut on top- they were so effing good. Most of the people who ate them (co-workers) said they were the best they'd ever had. They don't lie. I think. Recipe later.

I'm also incredibly sleep deprived, because I can't sleep at all when it's as hot as it is. We actually stayed out at my friend Stefanie's cabin last night- trying to escape the heat- just a little. We hung out in the riving-room (pictures someday!) until our butts were good and cold- then I grilled up a side of sockeye, and Stefanie made a ridiculously delicious salad with arugula, beets, and chèvre, rice pilaf and green beanies. I ATE SO MUCH FOOD. It was so good. I couldn't help it. Sleeping still didn't really happen for me- as Mant Double-Jerkson IS THE LOUDEST SLEEPER EVER. I came into work this morning slightly delirious, un-showered and covered in old sticky sunscreen (no bug bites!) Mmm! I'm wearing a dress though, which apparently is quite deceptive and seems to override my general grossness. HOT.

Matao and I went canoing last Sunday and had so much fun. I haven't done it in years, but UW does canoe rentals for relatively cheap, and it was the perfect way to cool off a bit. We had talked earlier this week about doing it again tonight- this time brining along dinner and bread to feed the duckies. We'll see what the mood is when I'm off work today. I'm trying to find a killer gazpacho recipe to make, and I think I'm going to end up improvising to fit what we like. I'll post about it later if it's a success!

A few other silly but exciting (to me) things. My tomato plants have gone pretty crazy and popped out a ton of pretty little green tomatoes. One of them actually turned red! Holy crap. Except that the humidity in our apartment seems to be taking the plants down quickly. They're a sad droopy mess, and I'm not sure how to fix it. A lot of the leaves have turned yellow as well, which I don't think is a good sign. Woe is me. So much for that being good news. However- my jalapeño plants- which previously were horribly infested with aphids, and also wouldn't fruit- are doing insanely well now. They're living outside and I had been sort of a bad mother and neglected them a bit- but when I checked on them a few days ago- they were full of peppers! They're all tiny and green still, but it's still pretty damn cool. I'm not a total failure after all!

Time to go sleep under my desk.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...