Friday, March 13, 2009

Sweet Freedom!

Oh, sweet sassafras.

I may still have an hour and a half left of work on a sunny and warm(ish) Friday afternoon- but shit damn- I feel just fine.

I am in love with life right now: because I busted ass all week and finished everything that needed to be done, and then I went right ahead and did a little more. Now I'm back in my favorite state- being that I have lots that I want to do, and nothing that I have to do.

Which means that I'll get a lot more done.

I stopped taking custom bag orders about 3 days ago, and I'm really happy about it right now. I still have a list of bags to make, but for the time being it's a good feeling to know that I can work on my own designs and my own projects for a little while without feeling any guilt. I'll get back to it in a few months, when other projects have come together a little further. You'll know what soon enough.

Anyway:

Future Tense is tonight, and I'm sponsoring. There are a TON of really good sponsors this month. I made my first pair of doublizers and threw in a bottle opener and some buttons. Really simple and small, but also v. useful. Sucka.




The 2009 Seattle International Bike Expo is this weekend at Magnuson Park, and the bag that I made for Bill of Davidson will be there. The bag is a giant (almost 12 feet long) folding bag that is made to fit his S & S Couplings bikes. It's the first I've ever made, and I personally think that the design needs a bit of work still- but it definitely serves its purpose and it's nice to branch out a bit.

And Emerald City Bike Bloc is putting on a flat-out points race on Sunday that I'm sponsoring as well. If it's not too shitty out I'll at least come hang out for this, if not possibly race. It's been a while since I've raced at all, and I haven't been riding much lately anyway. I might pull a butt muscle or something. We'll see.



-------------------------

Last night was "be productive night" with Becca, which (in my mind at least) was a success. Probably because I somehow coerced Becca into making us dinner, as well as frosting the crapfail of a cake that I had started earlier. I just sewed and cussed a lot. The cake kind of sucked, but it was so pretty that I took pictures. Maybe I'll post them later. It looked like My Little Pony and Strawberry Shortcake all mashed up together and flattened. Mmm. Sparkles.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...